Saturday, February 13, 2010

Uncomfortable "Sir"

I have always valued teachers in my life, they are the ones who inculcate interest in us, make us feel like learning something new and they are our prime motivators. Well, that’s wat I felt about them anyway.. until I met some of the most hilarious teachers in COEP. One of them was our dear old n gold Sir. (since his cell keeps ringing in every lecture… we wonder if it is a reminder to say his beloved sentence about how he is always confused whether to teach new things or old and gold things. And for your information Sir, all the old and gold things you ‘taught’ us were not even in the syllabus and u have skipped teaching us the ‘new’ things)


The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.

Ya.. this quote would suite him well.(books are the last thing he will think of n ya all he does is speak about random things that comes to his mind, except of course, the actual portion.)

One glitch in the quote though-the ‘best’ teacher?
But, he still remains the most entertaining teacher of this semester ;-)and so I just had to make a collection of the endless undying quotes that keep us in splits in class. So here they are:


‘I am not a Xerox man.’( it would be nice to have a Xerox man, like Spiderman na.)

‘I appeal your thinking process’

‘We want bold dynamic students, not only puppets sitting on benches’

‘You are going to be leaders of the society-not by chuchk chuck doing’

When Marathe Sir left the class, after a longer lecture, Wani Sir comes in the class n as usual cracks some joke n then giving an explanation-
‘I know him. He is very sincere, unlike me.’ That’s soo true!

‘That is only copycat concept’

‘Whatever,this we are doing is not a hobby workshop.’

‘something something.. freq. synthesizer,one more story I would like to tell.’

‘that’s why first 5 minute preamble I did.’

‘convert hobby into research,then you will have fun, you will remain healthy, otherwise you will be puppets like us.’

‘you know what is a sober man?’
uhh ya… someone who is not talli right…..but no! its Marathe Sir who had said sorry for not rubbing the board before leaving the classroom!!

I have done simple calculations, so you feel bahut kuch sikhaya’

‘CRis very cooperative, I should ask him to sit on standalone chair’

‘I don’t agree I should get my duster, so don’t waste time searching my chalk.’
ya, he hides his chalks in the classroom after every lecture…. And then we steal dem, obviously.)

And the next one’s my favourite quote of his-
‘blah blah blah… otherwise you are half Indian, half mad. Tumhi sushikshit aahat, susankrut nahi.


So that’s our dear Sir. And he has totally managed to do what he set out to do since his very first lecture where he had announced that he was going to make us ‘very uncomfortable’.

Though I do hope that, however uncomfortably, we should have understood something from this subject at the end of the semester.

3 comments:

  1. He is awesome!! ive never enjoyed lectures before he started teaching us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY...A nice blog....great!!!hope u wl learn ateast sumthing frm dat profff...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Teachers day to your teacher

    ReplyDelete