Sunday, June 12, 2011

On a perfect day....

So here I am! Sitting in my window, watching as the rain engulfs the city, flooding a few roads but making a beautiful scene of the ocean. Well, sitting like this makes you want to think, want to read a novel with a cup of coffee in one hand ( I know! I don't drink coffee but see the magic : what the awesome smell at Barista could not do, simple rain has done ! ) , or want to write something. So, here I am!

20 days of the vacation have flown by and something's changed. I can feel it in the air, all around me. I can feel it in me! Everything feels right. The smallest thing puts a smile on the face. A single raindrop slowly descending from the sky makes me happy today.

So, what has changed? Why is life suddenly so perfect? Yep, you guessed it! I have fallen in love! For quite sometime, I knew that there was this 'something' missing in my life - the love of my life - MUMBAI!!!

Never knew this as clearly before as I do now.
Mumbai inspires me.
It encourages me to do things that I shied away from before.
It tempts, but teaches what to be tempted by and what to leave behind.
It helps you find out who you are, who you want to be.
It teaches you to see the magic in every problem, the bright side of everything,
the lighter side to life.
Anything and everything seems within reach here.
After all, MUMBAI is not the city of dreams for nothing!


So, dedicated to MUMBAI and finding a new side to me today - my shayari

नैनो में हजारों सपने सजने लगे,
तेरे चेहरे पे आके थमने लगे
पता ही नहीं चला ये कब हुआ,

पर तेरी बाहों में आके, हम सवारने लगे

love you Mumbai!